If you are like me and are always on a quest to find a satisfying gluten free and dairy free recipe then I guarantee you will go crazy over these!
You get gooey, cheesy and doughy without it making you feel bad! Can I get an amen?
They make the perfect side for lunch or dinner and are best when eaten fresh!
The ingredients you will need are the following:
- cooked russet or red potatoes
- tapioca starch/flour
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- nutritional yeast
- hot water
- olive oil
- unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup cooked Russet or Red Potatoes
- 2 cups tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup boiling hot water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dairy free milk
- Boil potatoes in a med saucepan, until they are able to be punctured easily with a fork (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and reserve 1/2 cup boiling water and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tapioca starch, salt, garlic, onion, pepper, turmeric, and nutritional yeast. whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine boiling water, olive oil, and dairy free milk . Whisk to combine. Add the liquid mixture to the tapioca mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula, stirring until mostly all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add the cooked potato and stir and mash with the back of the spoon. Then using your hands, squeeze and knead the dough together until it becomes smoother.
- There will be some dry buts of dough just press and knead them into the dough,
- Scoop the dough and roll into balls. Space about an inch and a half apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-36 minutes. The outside should be dry and the bottoms should be golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet.
- These are best enjoyed the day they are baked.