This week, I perfected the most DELICIOUS Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie recipe that requires minimal ingredients and isn’t full of refined/processed sugars, white flour, or artificial/natural flavors, like the majority of store bought cookies. I wanted to create a healthier sugar cookie recipe, so that I could feel good about giving it to my little man as a Valentine’s Day treat. Boy did this recipe exceed all of my expectations! These cookies are soft, chewy and have the perfect amount of sweetness to them without being too sweet, like most traditional sugar cookies. They are also free of gluten, grains and refined sugar!
What is even more amazing, is that this recipe ONLY requires 6 simple ingredients:
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Grass-fed butter
- Sea Salt
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
I can not wait for you to make these cookies and impress everyone who eats them! Be sure to comment below or tag me at #healthymommamanda when you do!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 c grass-fed butter, softened (can sub coconut oil for dairy free)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Simple Mills Vanilla Icing and 365 Brand Pink Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine all of your ingredients. Once fully incorporated, place dough into the fridge for about an hour to chill.
- Once chilled, roll cookies into 1 inch balls and bake for about 10 -12 minutes. As soon as the cookies are don’t, flatten them with a spatula and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before moving to a cooling wrack.
- Once cool, frost your cookies and add sprinkles.