Ok friends… You know I’m a sucker for making an indulgence somehow good for you and these babies are no exception…
These fudgy brownies have incredible texture(thanks to the beets and dates) and taste!
They are packed with so many nutritional powerhouse ingredients and are loaded with fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and so much more!
The ingredients you will need to make this superfood fudge are the following:
- medjool dates
- pure vanilla extract
- raw cacao powder
- unsweetened chocolate chips
- sea salt
- refined coconut oil
- raw walnuts
- gogi berries
When I tell you that you need to make these ASAP, I mean it!
- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup pre-steamed beets, chopped
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup gogi berries
- Place the dates in a bowl and fill with hot water. Allow dates to soak for 10 minutes to soften. While the dates are soaking, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted. (Optional-you could melt chocolate and oil in microwave in 30 sec increments until melted)
- Drain the dates and place them in a food processor, along with the chopped beets, vanilla, cacao, cinnamon and salt.Process until thick and smooth-you may need to stop the processor, scrape the sides with a rubber spatula, and start again a few times.
- Leaving the food processor on, pour the melted chocolate through the top and allow the mixture to process until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and yogi berries into the fudge using a spatula.
- Transfer the fudge into a parchment paper lines 8×8 square baking pan and spread evenly. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the fudge and gently press down in order to create an even, packed layer.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours. Turn the block of fudge on top of a cutting board and slice into squares.
- Store in the fridge or freezer,