With Summer in full swing down here in sunny South Florida and the temps already into the 90’s, what better way to enjoy those hot summer days than to snack on these AMAZING Raw Mango Coconut Bars. They are so creamy and give you all the Summer vibes you didn’t know that you needed.
I don’t know about you, but I almost always have some mangos laying around, since they are one of our favorite summer-time fruits, and we just can not get enough of them and this dessert was really such a fun way to incorporate them.
These bars were not only pretty simple to make but they are also made with all raw ingredients, meaning nothing has to be cooked. All you need is a food processor and a blender to make them, super easy! These babies are also packed with so many nutrients, so be sure to throw any of that silly dessert guilt you may have out the window. I assure you that you can feel really good about snacking on these. Oh and let me not forget to mention that they are also dairy-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free and vegan!
Now let’s talk about these nutrient dense ingredients…
You will need:
- macadamia nuts
- raw almonds
- pitted dates
- coconut oil or butter (not vegan)
- vanilla extract
- raw cashews
- organic coconut cream
- maple syrup
- coconut oil or avocado oil
You will also need:
I really hope you get the chance to make is super simple and super delicious recipe! If you do, be sure to comment below or share and tag me on Instagram at #healthymommamanda.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter (not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or a few hrs before
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 mangos, diced
1. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. For the crust, blend all ingredients in a food processor until sticky and well combined.
3. Press the crust into your lined baking dish. Set aside in the fridge to chill while you make your filling.
4. For the filling, add all of your ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour your filling over your crust; use a spatula to smooth.
6. Place in freezer to harden for 3-4 hrs.
7. Take out of freezer, cut into squares and let sit for about 10-15 mins before serving. *optional- top with dairy free whipped cream and berries
8. Store in the freezer in sealed container.