One of my favorite dessert recipes of all time is this insanely delicious, Raw Chocolate Mousse! It is so creamy and so decadent that you’ll find it hard to believe it only requires THREE ingredients to make it. That is it my friends! It is super simple, tasty and healthy, which is why I rank this recipe high on my dessert ‘must-have’ list!
This mousse is also gluten-free , dairy-free, refined-sugar-free and vegan, but I promise you will not know the difference. Now, you can simply enjoy this mousse all on its own or you can really ramp it up a notch by adding on your favorite toppings. Some of my favorite toppings are whipped cream, fresh raspberries or strawberries, chopped pecans, and the list goes on and on!
The THREE ingredients you will need to make this mousse are the following:
- Full Fat Can Organic Coconut Milk
- Dates, pitted
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, or Cacao Powder
I cannot wait for you to give this mousse a try. When you do, be sure to comment below or share and tag me on Instagram at Healthymommanda.
- 3 tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 13 dates, pitted
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, just the coconut cream with two tbsp of liquid
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt (optional)
- In a small bowl, add your pitted dates and soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes. Once they are soaked, squeeze out the liquid and add them to a food processor.
- Next, add your coconut cream (the solid coconut milk at the top of your can) and 2 tbsp of the liquid. Next add in your cacao powder. Add in your salt (if using)
- Blend for a minute or two until smooth. Scrap down the sides of your food processor with a spatula to ensure all of the ingredients get blended.
- Once smooth, scoop the mousse out into a glass Tupperware and store in the fridge for about 2 hrs.
- Once chilled, scoop out mousse into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.