As if I needed another Pumpkin Pancake recipe lol… well I decided to recreate (with some modifications) my original pumpkin pancakes recipe to make these incredible Pumpkin Pie Pancakes and boy am I glad I did! They truly live up to the name and remind me of pumpkin pie, HELLO FALL!
The funny thing is, this recipe actually happened on a whim. We were getting ready to head out of town for the weekend, and I needed to use up the pumpkin puree I had left over in the fridge… And since we love pumpkin and we love pancakes, it made the most sense to put the two together and make some of our favorite pancakes to take with us on the road.
One thing you should know about me is that I keep our home regularly stocked with pancakes for a few reasons. 1. because they are so yummy 2. because of how simple they are to make (just throw all of your ingredients in the blender and voila) and 3. how convenient they are to have on hand. I try to meal prep them weekly, especially when we travel. I really try not to rely on hotels complimentary/conventional breakfast options, mostly because they significantly lack in nutritional value. Oh and the best part about these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes is that you can simply enjoy them right out of the fridge, that’s right, you can eat them COLD (they are that delicious) or you can heat them up in the microwave.
Now let’s talk about the healthy ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- organic gluten free rolled oats
- unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non dairy milk
- organic pumpkin puree
- natural almond butter
- pumpkin pie spice
- raw honey
- ground flax
- pure vanilla extract
- aluminum free baking powder
- pasture-raised egg
- coconut oil/avocado oil or butter for cooking
I can’t wait for you to make this recipe! When you do, be sure to comment below letting me know how they turned out or tag me on instagram at www.instgram.com/healthymommamanda
- 2 cups organic gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of aluminum free baking powder
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- refined coconut oil/avocado oil or butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except the egg and the oil into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until it is fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of oil or butter. When hot, pour batter into skillet using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once your batter starts to bubble, flip over to the other side (about 2-3 mins of browning per side).
- Serve with toppings of choice. (These are tasty with chopped nuts, coconut whip, or maple syrup)
*note- if batter becomes too thick to pour, add a tbsp or two of almond milk to thin