Growing up, I used to snack on Quaker Oats chocolate chip granola bars like they were going out of style. I also used to think they were a “healthier” snack option, but that was obviously far from the truth. As an adult, I do not often eat granola bars since they still tend to have a ton of added sugars and other additives I chose not to eat. That is why I decided to recreate them into my No-Bake Raw Chewy Granola Bars, which are a more nutrient dense and a more delicious version than the ones I grew up eating.
The great thing about this recipe is that there is no added sweeteners to them except for the small amount of chocolate chips! They are sweetened naturally from the dates and the raisins. They also contain plenty of fiber and protein from the oats, almond butter, almonds, and flax seed, which will help tp give you some fuel for the day.
You can enjoy them as granola bars or you can even crumble them onto your yogurt, as granola! Either way you eat them, you can not go wrong.
I cant wait for you try out this recipe! Be sure to share and tag me at #healthymommamanda on instagram and/or fb or feel free to comment below!
1/2 c pitted dates, chopped
1/4 c raisins
1/2 c creamy natural almond butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c rolled oats
1/4 c ground flax
1/3 c dairy free @enjoylifefoodschocolate chips
1/4 c raw almonds, finely chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt (if nut butter is unsalted)
Refined coconut oil for greasing pan
1. Soak dates in hot water for about 10 minutes.
2. Grease 8×8 square pan
3. Drain the dates and blend in food processor with almond butter, raisins, vanilla extract and salt (if using). Do this until a thick paste forms. Use spatula to scrape down sides.
4. Add 1 cup of oats and flax to the food processor and blend again until oats are fully broken down.
5. Pour mixture into a bowl and add rest of the oats, chocolate chips, and almonds and mix everything together using your hands.
6. Press mixture into your prepared pan using your hands or a spatula and smooth it out until it’s all pressed down evenly.
7. Cover and cool in the fridge for 2 hrs in the fridge before cutting and wrapping them individually in parchment paper. .