One of my favorite cuisines of all time has to be Mediterranean food. I love how light and flavorful it tends to be, and if it is made correctly, you can really taste all of the herbs, spices and flavors in each bite. This Chickpea Mediterranean Salad is a dish that is full of delicious goodness. It is one that I enjoy making often, as it is always a hit, and also because its extremely nutritious.
You can enjoy this salad as side dish or as a light lunch. I have eaten it both ways and I am happy to report that you can not go wrong either way.
Just this New Years, I brought this yummy salad as a side dish for a little New Years Eve get together, and it was quite the hit! It is not only tasty, but its also good for you, which is another reason I love making it so much! It contains protein, fiber, vitamins, healthy fats, antioxidants and more.
I also really love how simple it is to make. It only requires a few ingredients:
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (bpa free can)
- organic cherry tomatoes
- organic red onion
- organic cucumber
- feta cheese (omit or use vegan equivalent if vegan)
- organic fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
I really hope you get to make this delicious salad and if you do, don’t forget to tag me at #healthymommamanda or comment below letting me know how it turned out!
- 1 can organic chickpeas (bpa free), drained and dried
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup organic cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 organic red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup organic fresh parsley, chopped with stems removed
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of your salad ingredients into a medium bowl. Mix together until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your vinaigrette ingredients. Pour into your chickpea salad and mix all together.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Top with additional feta and parsley for garnish.