If you’re anything like me, you’re always thinking of an easy, yet healthy breakfast idea to grab on your way out the door or when you’re simply having a lazy morning. That is why I came up with these Make-Ahead Veggie Egg Muffins because they are perfect for just that! They’re not only convenient, but they are so darn tasty too (HECK YA)! They are packed with a variety of veggies and contain a good amount of protein making these a great breakfast to kick start your day!
The best part about them is that you can make them a variety of ways depending on what ingredients you have available. All you will need are eggs, chopped veggies, cheese (optional) and spices. That is it! So SIMPLE, yet, so NUTRITIOUS and DELICIOUS!!
I can’t wait for you try them! Be sure to comment below or tag me when you make them at #healthymommamanda.
- 10 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 c organic spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c onions, diced very small
- 1/2 c organic red bell peppers, diced very small
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1/4-1/2 c organic cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line your muffin tray with liners or oil.
2. Sauté your onions and peppers in avocado oil until onions become translucent, then add chopped spinach and sauté for another min or so. Season veggies with salt, pepper and garlic. Once cooked set aside.
3. Using a 4 c measuring cup or large mixing bowl, whisk your eggs together along with salt and pepper. Add in the cheese (if using) as well as the mixed veggies.
4. Pour egg mixture into 12 muffin tins about 1/2-2/3 way full.
5. Bake for about 14-16 minutes, or until set.
6. Remove egg muffins from the muffin trays to cool.
7. Store in the fridge in glass Tupperware with a lid.
8. For reheating, use a toaster oven for about 10 mins or microwave for about 30 seconds. .