These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the perfect snack for summertime. These babies are not only super tasty but they’re also made with the healthiest ingredients, too! They are incredibly moist with a lovely combination of lemon meets blueberry, one of my favorite flavor combinations, don’t you agree?
They’re also gluten- free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free with a vegan option available! These muffins are naturally sweetened and not overly sweet at that, which is another reason I love them so much. These babies are also free of your typical muffin/inflammatory ingredients such as white flour, white sugar, dairy milk, vegetable oil etc… so go on and indulge without feeling any unnecessary guilt.
These muffins are great to have for breakfast along side your eggs, yogurt or fresh fruit or to simply enjoy as an afternoon treat. There truly is no wrong way to enjoy them!
The ingredients you will need to are:
- pasture raised egg (or flax egg)
- homemade cashew milk (or preferred dairy-free milk)
- lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- unsweetened applesauce
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- cashew butter or melted coconut oil or tahini
- lemon zest
- oat flour* (blend rolled oats into flour if you don’t have oat flour)
- blanched almond flour
- aluminum-free baking powder
- baking soda
- fresh blueberries
Tools you will need:
I cannot wait for you to make these super tasty muffins. They are definitely muffins that you need in your life and I can’t wait for you to give them a try :). Be sure to comment below or tag me on Instagram at #healthymommamanda.
Recipe adapted by @makingthymeforhealth
- 1 pasture raised egg (or flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax +2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (or preferred dairy-free milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or melted coconut oil or tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons worth)
- 2 cups oat flour* (blend rolled oats into flour if you don’t have oat flour)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 c fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350°F then lightly grease a muffin tin for 12 muffins.
In a medium bowl combine the cashew milk and lemon juice then stir together. Next add the applesauce, egg, maple syrup, vanilla, cashew butter and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth. There shouldn’t be any large chunks of nut butter left.
In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Combine your wet and dry ingredients together.
Add 1/2 of the blueberries and fold together until combined.
Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full then garnish the tops with remaining blueberries. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
*try to use all organic ingredients if possible