Have you ever had Pistachio Milk before?? Prior to making this, I never had, but I had a large bag of pistachios that needed to be put to use, and what a pleasant surprise it was turning them into milk! It turned out very smooth and creamy with a slight hint of pistachio flavor. Yum!
Pistachio milk makes a fun alternative to dairy milk or your basic nut milks (almond/cashew). You can used for many things like you would with a typical nut milk. I really enjoyed it in my coffee as “creamer”.
And let me tell you just how simple it is to make! You only need a few ingredients:
- raw shelled pistachios
- filtered water
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- sea salt
You will also need a nut bag/cheese cloth to strain your nut milk with and a high speed blender.
I really hope you get a chance to try this recipe! If you do, please comment below or tag me on Instagram at #healthymommamanda.
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
1. Soak your nuts in a bowl or glass overnight in filtered water (enough water to cover your nuts)
2. Once soaked, drain and rinse nuts.
3. Place your nuts, 4 c water, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt into a high speed blender for 2 minutes.
4. Once fully blended, pour your milk into a nut bag/cheese cloth over a large bowl and squeeze your milk through the bag.
5. Pour milk back into your blender (for easy pouring) and then pour your milk into a milk jug or mason jar. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
6. Give a good shake before each use!
Give it a try and let me know whatcha thi