There are so many reasons why I LOVE this time of year, that I can hardly keep count of them. If I had to list some of those reasons they would go as follows: baking Christmas cookies, listening to Christmas music, decorating the Christmas tree, spending quality time with loved ones, giving gifts, eating delicious food, and last but NOT least, sipping on this INSANELY delicious Homemade Hot Chocolate!!
This hot chocolate is healthy, rich and creamy! Oh and the best part is that it ONLY requires 3 ingredients (homemade cashew milk, cocoa or cacao and pure maple syrup), that is it my friends! It is also GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN, REFINED-SUGAR-FREE!! Can I get a hallelujah?
This yummy goodness can be whipped up in just a few minutes, it is that quick and simple to make. All you have to do is put all of your ingredients into a medium sauce pan over medium/medium low heat and whisk it until it becomes smooth and creamy. Once it is to your desired temperature, pour it into your favorite mug and add some cinnamon, marshmallows, whip cream or simply enjoy it by itself. YUM!
After you make this yummy hot chocolate, I guarantee you will not want to buy those junky store bought hot chocolates ever again!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below or tag me at #healthymommamanda
- 1 cup of my homemade cashew milk or any non-diary milk
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a sm/med saucepan and whisk it all together on medium heat until your desired temperature.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with cinnamon, @smashmallowmarshmallows, whip cream or simply enjoy it on its own!