The easiest nut milk of all time to make is Homemade Cashew Milk. It is so creamy and nutty and it requires such little effort to make. I can not tell you the last time I had traditional cows milk (well it has definitely been over 10 years). Not only do I avoid it due to the fact that is causes inflammation, not to mention the myriad of other symptoms it can cause, but I also don’t enjoy the flavor of it either. And while homemade nut milks are not fortified, do not contain calcium or nearly as much protein as cows milk, I still prefer it hands down! I know that I can get vitamin D and calcium from many other sources!
This cashew milk can be enjoyed with your favorite bowl of cereal, in your smoothies, in your coffee, or simply by itself. It has a very mild flavor and the texture is so smooth and creamy, which is why I love it so much. I can drink this in a glass by itself and I never have been able to do that with any milk. My little man will beg me for a glass as well, so it is definitely toddler/kid friendly as well.
Now let’s talk about how simple this milk actually is to make. All you will need are the following :
- 1 cup raw organic unsalted cashews
- 5 cups Filtered water
- A bowl
- A high speed blender
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or 1-2 pitted dates
The only extra step to making Homemade Cashew Milk is that you will need to soak your cashews overnight in water. I just use a regular bowl and fill it up with filtered water until they cover the top of the nuts. And that is it for the soaking.
Next you will just place all of your ingredients I have listed below, into a high speed blender, and blend until it is smooth and creamy! Voila, you have officially made your own Cashew Milk.
I really hope you get the chance to make this. In my opinion, there are no store-bought brands that compare to the homemade stuff and you will notice the difference immediately.
Please let me know how your milk turned out in the comment section below!
- 1 c raw organic unsalted cashews
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1-2 pitted dates Or 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Place 1 cup of cashews in a bowl covered with filtered water over, allowing them to soak.
- Rinse the cashews and then place into a high speed blender along with 4 cups of filtered water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for about 2 mins until creamy.
- Place into a glass jug and put into the fridge to chill. Will last for up to 5 days in the fridge. You may need to shake for each use.