This weekend, we had some of our family over to help us make these Healthy Christmas Cookie Cut Outs. It was such a great day! We had Christmas music on in the background, the tree was lit, the adults enjoyed a glass of wine and a lot of laughter, while the children helped us make the cookies. They were not only so much fun to make, but they were also delicious, too! The kids had an absolute blast decorating them and then eating them, of course!
One of my favorite things about these cookies is that they’re made with CLEAN and SIMPLE ingredients, so you can enjoy them guilt free! The ingredients we used were :
Pure Maple Syrup
Himalayan Sea Salt
Pure Vanilla Extract
Pure Almond Extract
These cookies are also gluten-free, refined-sugar free, and egg-free.
As I mentioned above, they are pretty simple to make. The only time consuming part is that you will need to chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours before baking. Once your cookies have chilled, grab a piece of parchment paper and roll your cookie dough out onto it using a rolling pin, or whatever you have on hand ( a drinking glass or wine bottle will do). Sprinkle some flour onto your rolling pin and your cookie cutters to help from sticking. Cut out your cookies and place them 1 inch a part onto your lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 300 F.
Once your cookies are done, let them sit for at least 10 minutes to cool before decorating. The options for decorating are endless, so be sure to have some fun during the process!
So with that, if you are looking for a clean, delicious, and simple Christmas Cookie recipe, than you will love this one! I suggest making this ASAP because you, your family (and Santa) will love them!
If you end up making this recipe, be sure to tag me at #Healthymommamanda or leave a comment below!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup of grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Simple Mills Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting : *tip- scoop the frosting into a glass bowl and heat in microwave for 15 seconds so that it melts a little. Give it a a little stir and then it will become easier to work with*
- Whisk together your dry ingredients into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together your maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add your softened butter and wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Using a spoon, mix all ingredients together or use your hands to knead any butter that may be remaining. Once fully mixed, roll the dough into one big ball and wrap in plastic wrap in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Once your dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 300 F. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll your dough out on parchment paper using a rolling pin or a whatever you have handy. Add a little flour to the rolling pin. Using your cookie cutters, cut out your cookies (sprinkle a little flour on the cookie cutters to prevent them from sticking). Place your cookies onto your baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Once cooled, decorate your cookies as desired!
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Healthy Momma Manda!