Happy Saturday Friends!
Soooooo I did a thing this weekend and I am so excited to share it with you…I made these incredibly delicious Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins and they are officially a fan favorite over here! I know you might be thinking that making pumpkin muffins might be a little premature, since it is not quite Fall just yet, but I honestly can’t resist waiting any longer. I guess you could say I am one of those people who loves an excuse to make all things pumpkin, well I am a Halloween baby after all, so that is my excuse! I think you will really love this recipe!
The ingredients you will need to make these muffins are:
- organic oat flour
- baking powder(aluminum free)
- Himalayan salt
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground nutmeg
- organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- coconut sugar
- refined coconut oil
- pasture-raised egg
- vanilla extract
- cashew milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- grass-fed butter, melted
You will also need:
*If you do not have oat flour, you can blend organic rolled oats into flour, using a high speed blender.
*If you do not have coconut oil, you can swap this for avocado oil or grass-fed butter.
*I have not tried this recipe using a flax egg, but you should be able to use it in place of the pasture-raised egg. (1 tbsp flax with 2.5 tsp water, let sit 10 minutes)
*If you wanted to omit the cinnamon-sugar topping you absolutely can and they will still taste delicious.
I can not wait for you to make these muffins! I think you will absolutely love them! When you do, be sure to comment below or tag me on instagram at www.instagram.com/healthymommamanda
This recipe was adapted by www.cakescottage.com
- 1¾ cups organic oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder(aluminum free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cashew milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 4 tbsp of grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with coconut oil or liners.
2. Sift flour into medium mixing bowl, add in baking powder, salt, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and coconut sugar.
4. Stir in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and egg. Pour in milk, and mix until smooth.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
6. Scoop the batter into a 24-cup mini muffin pan, about ¾ full each cup, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool just enough to handle.
8. Place melted butter in one bowl and the sugar and cinnamon in another.
9. Dip the tops of the muffins into the melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar.
10. Serve warm, and enjoy