Are you ready for FALL???
I certainly am…I can just feel the cool crisp autumn air and smell all things pumpkin!!! Which is what inspired to me to make these delicious Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts:
🍁🍂 Ohhh and did I mention that they are gluten-free, vegan and refined-sugar-free!? Heck YEAH!
Go ahead and do yourself the favor of making these ASAP and thank me later 😉😉
* 1¾ cups organic gluten free oat flour, blend rolled oats if needed
* 2 teaspoons baking powder(aluminum free)
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
*1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* ¾ cup organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
* ½ cup coconut sugar
* ⅓ cup refined coconut oil, melted (I used avocado oil, could also sub for butter)
* 1 pasture-raised egg (or flax egg -vegan)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* ½ cup cashew milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
* 4 tbsp of grass-fed butter, melted, use ghee if you are lactose or casein free
* 1/4 cup coconut sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray silicon donut cavities with coconut oil or avocado oil spray.
2. Sift flour into medium mixing bowl, add in baking powder, salt, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and coconut sugar.
4. Stir in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and egg (or flax egg). Pour in milk, and mix until smooth.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
6. Scoop the batter into about 9 donut cavities and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool just enough to handle.
8. Place melted butter in one bowl and the sugar and cinnamon in another.
9. Once your donuts are cool enough to handle, dip them into the melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar.
10. Enjoy with a cozy cup of tea or coffee (for the grown ups) 😉