Now that we are only a few weeks away from my favorite season of the year, FALL, it is now more appropriate than ever to start making recipes using one of my favorite flavors of all time, PUMPKIN!!! Disclaimer: I am not one of those crazy people who love pumpkin in everything, (and if you’re one of those people I don’t judge you for it ;)), HOWEVER, I really do love baking all the pumpkin goodies that I can! There is just something so comforting about biting into a warm, spiced, pumpkin-dessert that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!! This definitely gets me excited for all the Fall festivities and Fall holidays that are to come!
Just recently, I purchased these silicone donut trays and I really needed an excuse to use them… here comes my inspiration to make these delicious Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Muffin’s. I felt it was the perfect recipe to break in these new donut trays and boy was I right! The entire family has been going wild for them.
This recipe is super easy to make and are also nutritious! They are gluten free, grain free and dairy free for those with dietary restrictions or simply for those who prefer to minimize them. Not to worry, the texture isn’t compromised one bit and neither is the flavor! These donuts are super moist and the glaze just really adds the perfect amount of sweetness making you forget they are healthy! Now you can certainly enjoy these donuts without the glaze, but they won’t be as delicious, DUH!
Ohhh and have I mentioned that these donuts are simply just FUN to make! Now, usually you will find me whipping up some of my usuals (muffins, cookies, breads, etc.) but these donuts were a real treat to make. They are going to make the perfect addition to my Fall Baked Goods Collection! They are also very versatile. You can have them for breakfast, as a snack, or as a yummy dessert. I definitely recommend making them at your next dinner party or at your kids next birthday party, just to show them off!
I really hope you get the chance to make these and if you do, please share any photos and/or comments below. I would love to hear how they turned out :).
2 cups of almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 c full fat coconut milk
1/3 c of organic pumpkin puree
1/4 c of maple syrup
2 pasture-raised eggs
1 tbsp unflavored coconut oil, melted (or avocado oil or butter)
1 teas of vanilla extract
1 teas of baking soda
1/2 teas sea salt
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of pumpkin spice seasoning
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 teas cinnamon
1/2 teas pumpkin spice
2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your donut pan with either avocado oil, coconut oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a lg bowl, mix the wet ingredients. If coconut oil is solid, melt it first and then add it to the wet mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Gently pour the mixture into the donut trays and fill almost to the top. Use your fingers or small spoon to gently even out the donuts.
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for 3 minutes. Then flip the donut tray upside down so that the donuts easily come out.
- For the glaze: While the donuts are cooling, whisk all 4 ingredients together until a glaze forms.
- Drizzle lightly onto cooled donut.