With the holidays in full swing and the Christmas parties lining up, I knew I wanted to make a holiday pie like no other. And since chocolate and peppermint go together so nicely and they really remind me of winter, I used that as my inspiration for this INCREDIBLE Chocolate Peppermint Pie. This baby is gluten, dairy, soy, and refined sugar free and also vegan and I promise you, NO ONE will ever know! If you could imagine brownie brittle and chocolate peppermint fudge coming together to make a baby, that is exactly how this pie tastes! YUM!!
Now, if you know anything about me by this point, it is that I absolutely love to bake! I almost never show up anywhere without some sort of baked goods, and when I tell you that this was one of my FAVORITE desserts I have ever made, that really speaks volumes here people!
Not only did I love it, but it was such a huge hit at my first Christmas party, that my husband demanded I make it again the next day, for our little family Christmas get together. It is this good people! I promise 🙂
Another reason this pie has become a household favorite over here is because of how stinking simple it is to make. It takes no time at all to prepare it, and it uses only a few simple ingredients, as well.
All the ingredients you will need are the following:
- 1 box of Simple Mills Brownie Mix
- Refined (Unflavored)Coconut Oil
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Full- Fat Coconut Milk
- Natural/Organic Almond Butter
- Natural Peppermint Extract
- Pure Vanilla Extract
I really hope you get around to making this delicious chocolate peppermint pie! This recipe is a real crowd pleaser and one that will definitely impress all of those who eat it!
Don’t forget to tag me at #healthymommamanda if you decide to make this recipe or leave me a comment below! 🙂
This recipe was adapted by https://www.bakerita.com.
For the crust:
- 1 box of simple mills brownie mix
- 1/3 c refined (unflavored) coconut oil, melted
Make your own crust:
- 1 sleeve plus two full organic graham crackers sheets
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp grass-fed butter, softened
For the filling:
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (I used @enjoylifefoods brand
- 3/4 c full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 c natural almond butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- pinch of salt, use if almond butter is unsalted
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a pie dish(not deep-dish) with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine @simplemillsbrownie mix and coconut. Once combined, press evenly along bottom and sides of prepared pain.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is from. Remove and set aside to cool.
Make your own crust–
- Blend graham crackers on high speed until pulverized.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in all of your ingredients until well combined.
- Press evenly along bottom and sides or prepared pain.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is firm. Remove and set aside to cool.
For the filling:
- Place the chocolate in lg bowl. In small saucepan, bring coconut just to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk mixture over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute, then whisk until smooth and creamy. Whisk in almond butter, peppermint and almond extract, and salt, if using.
- Pour the filling into cooled prepared crust.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hrs.
- Once firm, garnish as desired. ( Whipped cream, candy canes pieces, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Serve chilled and keep stored in fridge for up to 6 days.