Get your ripe bananas ready because you NEED to make these Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins ASAP! These beauties are vegan, gluten-free, refined -sugar-free with a dairy free option so throw that guilt out the window and indulge my friends!
A little disclaimer: I can guarantee you that these will not last long at all. In fact, I made these yesterday and they are nearly gone in less than 24 hrs. I am starting to think that I should probably hide some the next time I make them so that they can last a little longer.
As far as ingredients go, this recipe swaps out a few traditional ingredients for some better for you ones:
Coconut Sugar– Coconut sugar is one of my favorite granulated sugars and is a perfect alternative to white refined sugar. You can swap it at a 1:1 ratio.
Gluten Free Oat Flour-This is my go-to flour these days. It is more nutrient dense and is a great gluten-free alternative to traditional white flour. It is a little more dense than white flour but can still be swapped at a 1:1 ration.
Flax Eggs- Flax eggs make the perfect vegan option and good news is that it can easily be swapped for pasture-raised eggs. It also adds omega 3’s to your muffins, which we all could use some more of. To make flax eggs mix 1 tbsp ground flax with 2.5 tbsp water and let sit for 10 minutes until it thickens.
Coconut oil– You can easily swap coconut oil for grass-fed butter if you are dairy free. Coconut oil can be swapped 1:1 for butter in most baked goods. I prefer to use refined coconut oil as it has no coconut flavor.
I really can not wait for you to make this recipe! It is just too yummy not too! Be sure to comment below when you do, or share and tag me on Instagram @healthymommamanda.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 flax eggs, can sub pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup melted organic grass-fed butter, can sub coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup organic gluten free oat flour (can blend rolled oats in high speed blender to make oat flour)
- 1/2 c @enjoylifefoods dairy free dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your muffin tray with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp ground flax with 5 tbsp water and set aside for 10 mins to make your flax eggs. *Omit this step if using regular eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine your mashed bananas, butter, flax eggs, vanilla, and coconut sugar. In a medium bowl, combine your oat flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients until fully combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Scoop your muffin batter into your muffin tray about 3/4 way full. Top each muffin with a few more chocolate chips!
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy! .