One of my favorite things to do is make nutritious snacks that we can store in the fridge and grab as we go and these No Bake- Chewy Chocolate Chip Gogi Bars have become a new household favorite! My little guy and I had so much fun making them. These bars are truly perfect for anyone who is looking to have a healthy bar to snack on, because as we know, most granola bars are loaded with sugar and preservatives that no one needs to have on a regular basis.
These babies are packed with fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega 3’s, healthy fats, and sweetened with fruit and a few chocolate chips, so you truly have a granola bar made with actual nutritious ingredients!
Now, let’s talk about the ingredients you will need:
- chopped pitted dates
- dried Gogi berries
- Coconut oil or avocado oil
- smooth almond butter
- pure vanilla extract
- organic rolled oats (gluten free if avoiding gluten)
- ground flaxseeds
- hemp seeds
- @enjoylifefoods mini chocolate chips (or chopped If you used the chunks like I did)
- chopped almonds
I can’t wait for you to get in the kitchen and whip these up! They’re so so so good! When you do, be sure to comment below or tag me on instagram at www.instagram.com/healthymommamanda
This recipe was adapted by @leahgarradcole recipe.
1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup dried Gogi berries + 1 tbsp
Coconut oil or avocado oil
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup organic rolled oats (gluten free if avoiding gluten)
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/3 cup @enjoylifefoods mini chocolate chips (or chopped If you used the chunks like I did)
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. Soak your dates and 1/4 cup of Gogi berries in boiled water for 10 minutes.
2. Lightly grease an 8×8 in square pan with coconut or avocado oil.
3. Drain dates and Gogi berries and purée with almond butter and vanilla in a food processor until a thick paste forms.
4. Add 1 cup of oats, flax and hemp seeds to the food processor and blend again, until the oats are fully broken down. Use a spatula to scrape the sides.
5. Place mixture into a large bowl and add the rest of the oats, chocolate chips and almonds. Using damp fingers, mix everything together until it’s fully combined.
6. Using your hands again, press the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth everything down and even. Add the rest of your Gogi berries and some chocolate chips along top and press them in with your hands. Chill, covered, in the fridge for at least two 2 hrs.
7. Cut into bars and wrap individually in parchment paper or just store into an air tight container in the fridge.