This Candied Pecan Beet Salad is one of my all-time FAVORITE salads. I made something similar to this using arugula, instead of kale, for a New Years party and it was a smash HIT! There is just something about the flavor combination you get when you put these homemade candied pecans, beets, and goat cheese together, that really bring this salad to life! I also love using my Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette for the dressing. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the kale, which is typically on the bitter side.
For this recipe, you will want to make your Homemade Candied Pecans ahead time. The ingredients you will need for that are:
- raw pecans
- grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- sea salt
- vanilla extract
You can also make your Raspberry Vinaigrette ahead of time, too. The ingredients you will need to make that are:
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- raspberry jam
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad, the ingredients you will need are:
- fresh chopped kale, arugula or leafy greens of choice
- organic goat cheese
- candied pecans
- organic cucumber
- homemade raspberry vinaigrette
Make this salad for your next dinner party and you will really impress your guests! I have yet to meet someone who has not raved about it!
I can not wait for you to make this recipe! When you do, be sure to share and tag me at #healthymommamanda or comment in the section below!
Kale Salad Ingredients:
4 cups chopped organic kale or arugula (or leafy greens of choice)
2-3 tbsp organic goat cheese
1-2 @lovebeets, chopped
A handful of candied pecans
1 organic cucumber, diced
homemade raspberry vinaigrette
Kale Salad Instructions:
1. If using kale, place chopped kale and vinaigrette into a large bowl and massage together for about 2 minutes, using your hands. This helps to break down the kale, make it softer and less bitter.
2. Toss in the rest of your ingredients. *if using arugula or other leafy greens, place all ingredients into a bowl and top with vinaigrette. Toss all together.
Candied Pecan Ingredients:
1-2 cups raw pecans
1 tbsp grass-fed butter
1/4 c pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Candied Pecan Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Once melted, remove from burner.
2. Add all of your ingredients and whisk together, adding your pecans last.
4. Spread pecans on a baking tray evenly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes and every 5 minutes, thereafter.
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp raspberry vinaigrette
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
Raspberry Vinaigrette Instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a small mason jar or small bowl. Whisk together until well combined.