Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Protein Balls have to be one of my favorite snacks to have one hand either when I am on the go or after a workout. These are also my husband’s favorite snack as well. He probably asks me every week to make these for him so he can have a stash for work. Needless to say, our fridge is almost always stocked with these bad boys!
Now, I have definitely made many different types of protein balls over the years but these Brownie Protein Balls are definitely my favorite, by far! They LEGIT taste like brownies and they don’t have that yucky protein aftertaste that many protein snacks do!
Over the years I have also tried different brands of Plant Protein to use for the chocolate protein powder that this recipe calls for and Truvani’s Chocolate Plant Protein is by far the BEST in the game! Not only do they use the cleanest ingredients but they have also created the most DELICIOUS chocolate protein I have ever had ( I do not get paid to say this, it is simply the truth). It does not have a grainy or chalky texture, no natural flavors, and all of the ingredients are organic. It is also gluten free, dairy free, soy free and vegan.
Listed below are the ingredients in these Brownie Protein Balls and the breakdown as to why they are a nutritional powerhouse:
- Truvani Chocolate Plant Protein: 1 scoop of this protein powder contains 20g protein, 5g carbs, and 2g sugar (not stevia). It helps to control cravings, supports muscle growth, helps with weight management, promotes healthy metabolism, provides easy absorption, supports strong immune system, and supports cardiovascular health (just to name a few).
- Ground Flax: Packed with fiber and Omega 3’s. They are also a great source of a variety of other nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Raw Walnuts: Well known for their anti-inflammatory benefits as well as being great brain food and mood boosters! They also help with improving metabolism and weight management.
- Almond Butter: A great source of healthy monounsaturated fats, which are associated with lowering heart disease. They are also a good source of protein, magnesium and other important vitamins.
- Raw Honey: Well known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits.
- Dates: A great source of fiber, energy and various vitamins and minerals.
- Raw Cacao Powder: Powerhouse in antioxidants, magnesium, iron. Also known for its mood boosting properties.
As you can see, these Brownie Protein Balls pack a big nutritional punch which is a total WIN in the nutrition department but they also taste freaking delicious as well!!!
I hope you get the chance to make these and are able to share with me how they turned out below!
1 scoop Truvani Chocolate Protein
1 tablespoon ground flax
1/2 cup raw walnuts
3 tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 cup pitted dates
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll the dough into little balls and place flat on a cookie sheet or glass Tupperware.
- Put into the fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Eat as desired!