Pancakes used to be a weekend treat for breakfast in our home way before our little man was born, but now that I have a hungry toddler to feed, we eat these regularly throughout the week. I really just love how convenient they are, especially since once batch always leaves me with plenty of leftovers to carry us through the week.
Oh and I have mentioned that they are actually good for you?? These Blueberry Oat Blender Pancakes are loaded with fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega 3‘s, as well as other nutritional benefits to help leaving you feeling satiated afterwords. They are also gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free, with vegan-options available. What I am basically saying is that you could indulge in these babies without any guilt!
These pancakes are super SIMPLE to make which is another reason I love them so much. You just throw all of the ingredients (except for the egg and berries) directly into the blender and blend until well combined. Then you will add in your egg (or flax egg) and pulse a few times until fully incorporated. *If you use a flax egg, omit the 1 tbsp of flax from the recipe and also be sure to let your flax egg sit for about 10 mins until it has a texture similar to an egg.* Lastly, you will fold in your berries. Once that is all done, they are ready for your skillet.
Once your skillet is hot, pour in batter, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once you batter starts to bubble, flip over to the other side (about 2-3 minutes of browning per side) and serve hot with toppings of choice. I really love to top these babies with whatever berries I have on hand as well as some raw walnuts for some extra crunch and some brain fuel. Keep in mind, these pancakes are naturally sweetened with raw honey or maple syrup, so they don’t really need any additional syrup added to them, unless you are one of those people who prefer their pancakes doused in syrup (not judging) !!
I hope you get the chance to try these pancakes and then maybe they will become a staple in your home like they are in ours! I think that you will see that pancakes can be healthy and nutritious while still tasting yummy at the same time!
Be sure to tag me at #healthymommamanda
- 2 cups organic gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey or raw maple syrup (vegan)
- 1 tbsp of ground flax
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 pasture-raised egg (or flax egg 1 tbsp flax plus 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 c fresh organic blueberries
- coconut/avocado oil or butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except egg, blueberries and oil into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of oil or butter. When hot, pour batter onto skillet, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once you batter starts to bubble, flip over to the other side (about 2-3 minutes of browning per side) and serve hot with toppings of choice!
- *If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.