Happy Wednesday Friends! It’s the middle of the week, so what better reason do you have than to make these delicious Blueberry Cake Donuts to help get you through the rest of the week! These donuts are so sinful, yet guilt-free and that my friends, makes my little heart happy.
They are made using gluten free flours, no refined sugar (unless you’re a sucker for a lemon glaze, then that option is available) and they’re also dairy-free! They are such a fun way to indulge without all of those natural flavors, sugars and preservatives that would be in the majority of the donuts you’d eat out!
The two gluten free flours that were used in this recipe are blanched almond flour and coconut flour. * I have not tried other flours for this recipe.
As mentioned, these donuts do not contain refined sugar, instead maple syrup was used in place of white sugar. If you do choose to indulge slightly, and I would not judge you one bit because it makes these donuts extra delicious… you can make a quick lemon glaze to go on top (which that does contain organic powdered sugar) but this is completely optional.
This recipe is also dairy free as we used coconut milk in place of cows milk and refined coconut oil in place of butter, although butter can be used in place of the coconut oil for a 1:1 swap if you prefer to use it (and if you were not dairy free).
Now let us talk about the ingredients you will need to make these donuts:
- blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- full fat coconut milk
- organic unsweetened applesauce
- maple syrup
- pasture-raised eggs
- refined coconut oil or grass fed butter, melted
- pure vanilla extract
- baking soda
- sea salt
- frozen organic blueberries
- organic powdered sugar
You will also need:
I can not wait for you to make these incredibly delicious and guilt-free donuts. I think you will really enjoy them. When you do, be sure to comment below or tag me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/healthymommamanda.
2 cups of blanched almond flour + 1 tbsp
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 c full fat coconut milk
1/3 c of organic unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c of maple syrup
2 pasture-raised eggs
1 tbsp unflavored coconut oil or butter, melted
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 c frozen organic blueberries
Optional- lemon glaze
1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your donut pan with avocado oil, coconut oil or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt
3. In a lg bowl, mix coconut milk, apple sauce, maple syrup, pasture raised eggs, coconut oil, vanilla.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
5. In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp of almond flour with 3/4 c blueberries.
6. Fold the blueberry mixture into your mix.
7. Using a spoon, scoop the donut mixture into your silicone donut trays and fill almost to the top. Use your fingers or small spoon to gently even out the donuts. (Yields about 10 donuts).
8. Bake for 16 minutes.
9. Remove and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Then flip the donut tray upside down so that the donuts easily come out
10. Optional- stir powdered sugar and lemon together in a small bowl and drizzle on top of your donuts!
11. Store in the an airtight container in the fridge for no more than 5 days.