Can I get a HALLELUJAH for it being the first day of October? This month is one of my favorites, can ya tell? For starters, I just freaking love Halloween… I love dressing up, I love seeing all the kids in their halloween outfits and I love decorating for the occasion! Another reason it is my fave is because it also happens to be my BIRTHDAY (Whoop whoop). Needless to say, I am excited that October is here and as a result, I whipped up one of the most DELICIOUS Blender Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes, ever! These babies are also dairy free and gluten free. I also want to mention that the texture of these babies are perfect, so don’t worry about them not having gluten. They are moist, dense and packed with flavor. You will more thank likely have a tough time eating just one or two, I promise you!
Not only do these pancakes taste fantastic but they are also loaded with nutrients. Instead of flour, I used rolled oats, which as you know by now, oats/oat flour are my go-to’s for almost all of my recipes. It is a 1:1 to swap for regular white/wheat flour and it is also naturally gluten free (be sure to get oats/oat flour that specifically say gluten free if you are intolerant, due to possible cross contamination).
For milk, I used unsweetened almond milk. This is another milk alternative I love using. Its light and creamy and you can also use it as a 1:1 swap for dairy milk.
Instead of oil or butter I used pumpkin puree instead. It not only makes it tastes delicious but it also adds a ton of nutrients. Pumpkins contain beta-carotene which your body turns into Vitamin A ( your eyes will thank you), high levels of vitamin C (hello immune booster),and antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals (which protects your cells).
I also added ground flax (which is a great source of fiber and omega 3’s, cinnamon (a well known anti-inflammatory), and raw honey (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory beneifts).
I used one pasture-raised egg but you should also be able to use an egg alternative as well, if needed.
Now as you can see, these pancakes really do pack a nice nutritional punch but that’s not the only reason they are awesome, they are also extremely easy to make. All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients in the blender and voila! Once you have finished blending them you’ll simply fold in your chocolate chips and pour them onto your skillet or griddle. Using a blender saves you some some clean up time as well, which is always nice.
I really hope you get a chance to make these yummy pancakes. If you do, be sure to comment in the section below and let me know how they turned out! 🙂
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of aluminum free baking powder
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- coconut oil/avocado oil or butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except the egg and oil into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until is fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of oil or butter. When hot, pour batter into skillet using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once your batter starts to bubble, flip over to the other side (about 2-3 mins of browning per side).
- Serve with toppings of choice. (These are pretty sweet so you may or may not choose to use maple syrup)
*note- if batter becomes too thick to pour, add a tbsp or two of almond milk to thin. *