If you are like me and are looking for a quick a healthy and quick 10 minute breakfast option, then you need to hurry up and make these Berry Delicious Almond Butter Oats! They are so easy to make and are loaded with loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats, all of which will help keep you feeling full for hours.
This recipe is perfect for all members of the family. My toddler absolutely loves it, which is extremely convenient since I can make a big enough batch that will feed the both of us. It is a meal that I often make because I feel good knowing that we are both getting a hearty breakfast to start off our days off and one that is full of nutrient dense ingredients. WIN WIN!
The ingredients you will need to make these super creamy and delicious oats are the following:
- organic rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- filtered water
- ground flax
- natural almond butter
- berries -*blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, whatever you have available
- raw pecans, chopped (omit for toddlers)
- dates (optional)
I can not wait for you to make this recipe. When you do, be sure to comment below telling me what you thought or share and tag me on Instagram @healthymommanda.
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 2 c of filtered water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 cup of berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries) whatever you have available
- I/4 c raw pecans, chopped (optional) * omit for toddlers
- 1 date, chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring rolled oats and water to a boil. Stir for about one min while boiling, then turn down to low.
- Continue to cook on low for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until texture is creamy (this ensures oats won’t stick to pot). *During this time, add in your date and stir it all together (if using).
- Pour oats into a bowl and add your flax and cinnamon. Top with berries, nut butter, and chopped nuts.