When it comes to making breakfast in the morning, convenience, is something I think most people strive for, well at least I know I certainly do! That is why I often make this Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. It really makes the perfect make-ahead breakfast for those busy or lazy mornings, when I don’t want to have to think about what to make. When I have this dish prepped and ready in the fridge, it makes my mornings feel much smoother, knowing all I have to do is warm up a slice and top it off with a little maple syrup, fresh berries, bananas and raw nuts and voila, this oatmeal really comes to life!
This dish is not only delicious but it is also nutritious, too! It is packed with protein, fiber, omega 3’s, antioxidants and more. The oats will keep you feeling satiated and give you the energy you need to kick start your morning.
For this recipe, we used the following ingredients:
- unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- pasture-raised eggs (sub flax eggs if vegan)
- a ripe banana
- pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey)
- unsweetened apple sauce, can swap for butter or oil
- aluminum free baking powder
- vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla almond milk)
- sea salt
- ground flax
- gluten free organic rolled oats
- organic blueberries
As you see, this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free and can also be made vegan, as well!
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! Be sure to share and tag me at #healthymommamanda when you do.
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
2 pasture-raised eggs (can sub for flax eggs if vegan)
1 ripe banana, mashed
2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce, can swap for butter or oil
1 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla flavored milk)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground flax
3 cups gluten free organic rolled oats
1/2-1 cup organic blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line an 8×8 square baking dish.
2. In lg mixing bowl, whisk together you milk, eggs, banana, maple syrup, apple sauce, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and flax.
3. Mix in your oats.
4. Fold in your berries.
5. Pour into your baking dish, being sure to spread evenly.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until it has set.
Let cool for a few minutes and cut into squares.
7. Serve with your favorite fruits, nuts, milk or even more maple syrup or honey if you like it a little sweeter.
8. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
*For reheating, put into toaster oven or oven for about 15 minutes or so until warmed.