As of lately, we have been on a serious pancake kick in our house and have been eating them almost weekly at this point! My 2 year old really goes wild for them and can literally devour 3-4 at a time (they’re made smaller than a standard sized pancake). One batch makes up to 16 pancakes, so you can save whatever you don’t eat, and eat the left overs throughout the week. That is what we have been doing and it has been very convenient! This way I don’t have to think too much in the mornings and I can just toss them in the toaster oven to warm them up!
The best part about these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are that they not only taste delicious but most importantly, they are packed with many nutrients to kick start our day. They are made using REAL and SIMPLE ingredients, so I have ZERO guilt about us indulging in them, regularly!
The inspiration behind this recipe came from us having a good amount of uneaten apples that we needed to make use of, so I figured why not use them to make pancakes! We usually make our pancakes with bananaS or blueberries, so it was quite fun to switch it up by adding in some shredded apple instead!
Unlike a traditional pancake recipe or a store-bought mix, the ingredients that we used to make these use a gluten free flour, dairy free milk, no thickeners, additives or natural flavorings.
The ingredients you will need to make these yummy pancakes are the following:
- gluten free oat flour
- coconut sugar
- aluminum free baking powder
- baking soda
- Himalayan sea salt
- homemade cashew milk or dairy free milk of choice
- pasture raised eggs
- unsweetened applesauce
- organic medium apple
Another reason I enjoy making pancakes is being able to top them off with a variety of different toppings! You can really get creative here and pack on some additional nutrients if you felt wild enough to do so, (i.e. maple syrup, fresh chopped berries, raw nuts, additional cinnamon, chia or ground flax seeds, your favorite coconut yogurt, etc). Since these pancakes are made with a little bit of coconut sugar, as well as one whole apple, we did decided to omit adding any syrup to them. Instead, we topped them off with fresh berries and raw nuts (for the adults), YUM!
I really can’t wait for you make this recipe! When you do, be sure to share and tag me at #healthymommamanda.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/4 c homemade cashew milk or dairy free milk of choice
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 organic medium apple, shredded
1. In a lg mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. Whisk in your eggs, applesauce, milk and cinnamon. Fold in the shredded apple.
3. Scoop 1/4 c or pancake onto your skillet or frying pan. Once bubbles have formed, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
4. Top with your favorite toppings. I like to top them with raw walnuts or pecans and any fresh berries I have on hand!