These Almond Butter Protein Balls have been making a regular appearance in our home recently. I first made these a few weeks back and since then, I have been keeping them stocked in our fridge regularly. These are the hubs’s favorite, so I will usually make them on Sunday, so that we can have them as a snack throughout the week. They are the perfect bite size portion and make a great post work out snack or anytime of day snack!
Unlike the majority of store bought protein bars, these DELICIOUS protein balls only contain 6 ingredients:
- natural creamy almond butter
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- raw cacao powder
- coconut flour
- dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Vital Proteins Collagen Powder
Not only are they made using REAL and SIMPLE ingredients but they are also vegan and free of gluten and dairy!
I would also like to brag about how tasty they are, too! They are extremely creamy and the chocolate chips add the perfect crunch and sweetness to them. It is basically like have a little protein filled bite sized dessert.
I definitely recommend keeping your fridge stocked with these for your busy week ahead and I promise you will be so happy you did.
Be sure to tag me at #healthymommamanda.
- 3/4 c natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 c Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1 scoop Vital Protein Collagen Peptides for additional protein (optional)
1. Mix together your almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add in cacao, coconut flour and collagen until it forms a dough like texture.
2. Fold in your mini chocolate chips
3. Roll dough into small balls (makes about 14-16) and store in the fridge. Wait at least 1 hour to eat.