Sugar cookies are a fun cookie to bake, especially around the holidays! Reason being, is that you can get pretty creative when it comes to their decor. You can use fun cookie cutters, food coloring, and sprinkles to really bring them to life! That is why these 4 Ingredient Sugar Cookies are a must have recipe in your kitchen. Who doesn’t love simple and healthy? AM I RIGHT?
These cookies are not only simple and delicious, but they are also GRAIN- FREE, GLUTEN-FREE AND REFINED-SUGAR FREE! Oh and I assure you, the flavor is not compromised one bit!
To make these cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- super fine almond flour
- organic butter, softened
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- Simple Mills- Vanilla Frosting
- India Tree-plant based food coloring
Since we didn’t have any Easter-themed cookie cutters, I decided to make the cookies in the shape of circles (kind of like an Easter egg, right?) lol ! I also used pastel-colored food coloring to make them more festive. The little man really enjoyed decorating them :), so don’t hesitate to get the kids involved!
I can not wait for you to give these cookies a try! When you do, be sure to comment below, or post and tag me on Instagram at #healthymommamanda.
🍬Sugar Cookies 🍬
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 3 tbsp organic butter, softened
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, cream your butter, coconut sugar and vanilla together. Once well blended and fluffy, blend in your almond flour until dough is crumbly.
- Roll your dough into a ball and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, place your dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll the dough out to your desired thickness (not too thin otherwise they will burn, about 1/2-1 inch thick). Use cookie cutters to get your preferred shapes, and then place onto your lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes depending on how thick your cookies are. They will still be soft when you first take them out but will harden as they cool.
- Once cooled, apply your frosting/toppings and enjoy!
*Makes about 12 cookies! .